Hello readers! We sure hope you had a glorious weekend! Here in NYC, it is crisp and sunny and cold – perfect autumn weather if you ask me. You know, when I was pregnant with Marley one thing I really wanted was for someone to just tell me what to register for from soup to nuts! Oh sure, there are tons of checklists available, but I found that many homegrown ones were too sparse and the ones sponsored on the baby sites were extremely overdone. Surely I would not need a crib, a bassinet, a napper, and a Moses basket! Come ON. When I started this blog, one of my goals was to provide my readers with a great “demo” registry to copy/borrow/plagiarize/learn from, etc.
So, without further ado, here it is – ENJOY!!! borobaby demo registry
Some notes on the registry:
- I provided comments on each item that will help explain why I think it is necessary or desirable.
- Some of the items are ones that we have and love, and others are ones that my friends have and love (eg, My Brest Friend pillow – we hated the Boppy).
- Pay attention to the quantities – I updated the appropriate amount of each item, as well.
- Obviously, the colors are random – Amazon carries all the various colors/patterns you may like better, of course.
- IKEA Antilop Highchair – This highchair is $20 and we think it is absolutely fantastic! Make sure to buy the separate tray, and the support cushion if necessary. It does not have a fluffy ruffly seat thinger, but Marley really doesn’t seem to care. VERY easy to clean – this is a very, very important quality, people!
- Sweet Bobbins Crib Sheets – I ordered 3 different crib sheets from 3 different shops on Etsy (Etsy is an amazing site where one can purchase handmade items from all over the world!). The one from Sweet Bobbins was the best by far – great quality fabric that washes well and beautiful patterns. Angela and Rene throw in 3 matching washcloths with your sheet purchase!
- Land’s End Little Tripper Diaper Bag – This is an awesome bag – although certainly not as cute as many others on the market. Major pluses for TONS of great functionality (which is actually the point of a diaper bag) and the fact that the dads I know don’t mind carrying it (assuming you do not purchase the baby pink color). You will be amazed at how much fits in there!